- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 medium fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook carrots, sweet pepper, and onion in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until vegetables are nearly tender.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, coconut milk, and broth. Stir in brown sugar, jalapeno pepper, salt, and ginger.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into cooked carrot mixture.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Before serving, stir in cilantro.
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
DoGooder Twitter Updates
Share the DoGooder with your Friends