- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sautÃ© 3 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, broth, wine, and thyme; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and pasta is al dente.
- Stir in chopped chives and lemon juice. Keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt and pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with pasta mixture.
Adapted from MyRecipes.com.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
DoGooder Twitter Updates
Share the DoGooder with your Friends