- 2 large carrots, diced (1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, diced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 (8-oz.) packages sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large zucchini, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 yellow squash, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 (15-oz.) cans pinto, black, great Northern, or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- SautÃ© first 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms, zucchini, and squash; sautÃ© 3 more minutes. Add chili powder and next 2 ingredients, and sautÃ© 5 more minutes.
- Stir together tomato sauce and tomato juice in a 6-qt. slow cooker until smooth. Stir in diced tomatoes, next 2 ingredients, and carrot mixture. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.
Adapted from MyRecipes.com.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
DoGooder Twitter Updates
Share the DoGooder with your Friends