YoungÂ advertising professional Augusten BurroughsÂ has a drinking problem that he unsuccessfully tries to hide from his employers. Finally he’s forced into rehab andÂ gets the sense knocked into him…but then must go back to his old life as a sober person. This poignant yet darkly hilarious memoir highlights the grim reality of alcohol addiction in a straight forward manner.
- Did your opinion of Augusten change over the course of the book? Why or why not?
- Which do you feel was Augusten’s worst moment? Best?
- What were important events that led Augusten to recovery? The most important?
- Make a list of moments when you would’ve liked to step in and advise Augusten. What would you have said?
- Pick a scene and write what you would have been feeling in that situation.
DoGooder Twitter Updates
Share the DoGooder with your Friends