In The Addiction Monster and the Square Cat by Sheryl McGinnis, Pumpkin the cat loves the carefree, talented Scotty Boy. But as¬†Scotty Boy grows up, Pumpkin must watch his developing addiction destroy his life and affect those around him. Clearly sending the message that good kids can do drugs too, this book educates tweens about the devastating consequences of drugs.
- Do your friends talk about drugs? What do they say about them?
- Which consequence of Scotty Boy’s addiction affected you the most?
- What messages did you take away after reading this book?
- Write a journal entry for your pet. How do you think he or she feels about you?
- Ask¬†your parents¬†if they ever knew someone who had a drug addiction.
DoGooder Twitter Updates
Share the DoGooder with your Friends