If you’ve only seen the hit movie, or even if you haven’t, introduce yourself and your child to Roald Dahl’s classic book, Matilda. The title character is an extraordinary little girl who started¬†reading classic literature before she ever entered a classroom. After only knowing her neglectful parents and lonely home life, Matilda finds an ally in teacher Miss Honey. When she¬†discovers that her genius mental abilities have also given her telekenisis, she uses this new power to save her school from the evil headmistriss Miss Trunchbull.
- What was your favorite part of Matilda’s character?
- What would you have done differently in her situation?
- Which would you want more, her¬†telekenesis or incredible smarts?
- Why do you think Miss Honey made such an impact on Matilda? Make a list of the teachers who have changed your life, and how they did it.
- Which were your favorite and most disliked characters? Write a letter to each explaining your feelings.
DoGooder Twitter Updates
Share the DoGooder with your Friends