In this passionate, poignant, and deeply personal memoir, Erin Gruwell reveals her commitment to awaken personal power in students and people everyone else discounts. This dynamic young teacher nurtured a remarkable group of high school students from Long Beach, California, who called themselves the Freedom Writers. Her memoir picks up where The Freedom Writers Diary ends and she reveals where her former students are today. Along the way, Gruwell includes lessons for parents and teachers about what she learned from her remarkable band of students.
- What are some lessons Erin reveals that you can apply to your own life?
- Does this book inspire you to become a teacher? Why or why not?
- Were you surprised to learn about where the Freedom Writers are now?
- Connect with one of your former teachers. Is there one you wish you could thank, orÂ take another class from?
- Write a letter to someone who has impressed you with their bravery and positivity.
DoGooder Twitter Updates
Share the DoGooder with your Friends