In Teacher Appreciation Day by Lynn Plourde, Maybella Jean Wishywashy can’t decide on the best way to show how much she appreciates her teacher,¬†Mrs. Shepherd. All other kids in her class seem to know exactly how the day should be celebrated, but Maybella isn’t content to go with the crowd.¬†Maybella picks out a bunch of foods instead of the standard apple, and wears all sorts of colors besides Mrs. Shepherd’s favorite.¬† She finally¬†decides on the best present of all when a TV crew shows up and asks what she thinks of her teacher.
- Do you understand Maybella’s gift problem? Have you ever felt the same way?
- Maybella has trouble making up¬†her mind. Do you?
- Why do you think teachers have their own holiday?
- Knowing what Mrs. Shepherd likes, write what you would’ve done to show your apprecation if you were in Maybella’s class.
- Do you know your teacher’s favorite color? Wear it to class one day.
DoGooder Twitter Updates
Share the DoGooder with your Friends